Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Game nights

Jeff's Prussians stand like a rock against Frank's Austrian infantry.

The September Armchair admirals game was cancelled after it was apparent no one was signing up for it. Russ had alerted me previously he would be unavailable that Saturday, but evidently no one else could make it or was not interested.

There were two games scheduled for our group's game night, the second Saturday night of the month. The first was to be a 15mm Vietnam war game trying out the new rules (Firefight, I think). Unfortunately, everyone who was so interested in this game suddenly backed out until only Russ came to set up a game.

I'm really disappointed that this has happened. I think it's important that people who commit to a game need to responsible enough to make sure they are there or else give plenty of notice that something has come up and they can't make it. I know that this sometimes happens, including to me, but how about a phone call at least? The person preparing a game goes through a lot of effort to set games up, and it's only good manners to be responsible about our schedules.

Our second game was Age of Reason Seven Years War in 15mm. Jeff G and Gary R played Prussians while I teamed with visitor Frank on the Austrian side. It was a learning game for Frank and Gary, both of them did very well. In fact Gary planned and executed a successful cavalry attack against my right flank. After some very bad rolls, my brigades were finished and the Austrians were doomed! A fun game, and we learned a lot about the rules.

Prussian setup, cavalry on their left flank.


Austrian setup, my cavalry and infantry brigades on our right.


After routing my cav, Gary's cavalry cave in my infantry brigade.

No comments:

Post a Comment